Alimos (Kalamaki) marina in Athens is our home base. This is the place to be for sailing in Athens and the islands nearby. As a starting point, sailors can reach the Saronic & Argolic Gulf & East Peloponnese coast within around 2-3hrs. Another option is the popular Cyclades islands, within around 4-5hrs!
Alimos marina is located South-West of Athens in Alimos (or Kalamaki) city. It is the largest marina in Greece and one of the largest in the Mediterranean Sea.
Once you land in Athens airport “El. Venizelos”, you are about 35km from Alimos marina. Sailors can reach Alimos charter base easy & quick as there is great network of public buses, taxis and the tram & metro lines.
Our yachts are moored in pier number 3 in Alimos (kalamaki) marina and the meeting point is directly onto the yacht.
Services inside Alimos (Kalamaki) marina for sailing in Athens:
• Electric Power (220v)
• Internet (around the marina office) and telephone connection
• Fuel supply (mini tankers drive into the pier)
• Public parking lot
• Available restaurants-bars-cafeterias
• VHF Communication (Channel 71)
• First aid provisions
• Hot water showers and toilets
• ATM cash point (placed in the marina office).
Services outside Alimos (Kalamaki) marina for sailing in Athens:
• ATM cash points
• Car parking (in any one of the streets nearby)
• Restaurants and bars
• Rent a car
• Supermarkets and grocery stores.
Useful tips for sailing in Athens:
• The entrance coordinates of Alimos marina are East: 23º 01′ and North: 37º 52′. Depth varies from 2m to 7m
• The area of Saronic, Argolic and East Peloponnese is well protected with safe waters and calm winds. During summer period, the weather is pretty good with high temperatures and long-standing sunshine days
• Yachtsmen should pay special attention to the reef of Aghios Kosmas and to the Mermingia rocks both South-East of Alimos marina to the direction of Cape Sounio
• There are no supermarkets or other shops inside the marina area. Outside the marina (West entrance on a 10min. walk), there is a supermarket where you will find most of your supplies (delivery service available). There is also a supermarket with a “car-service” and delivery.